12.14.2011

Do Men Get Library Jobs More Easily than Women?

There were deffinately more men in my Library School classes then I expected, but wasn't that because SOIS is more "tech oriented"...? In the libraries where I've worked - the trend is more women, but I can see how that is a bit of a disadvantage when you're a woman searching for a job. Is "equal opportunity" swinging the other way? Or, are the men more qualified?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do Men Get Library Jobs More Easily than Women?: A kind reader wrote with a question I decided to share: Do males have a any easier time getting jobs, as I have heard, or is that another library myth?
I’m not sure how we could actually answer that question without extensive research. Unfortunately, librarians don’t have time to do extensive [...]

No comments:

Post a Comment