12.03.2013

Book review: The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice

I'm late in reading this, primarily because Anne Rice had fallen off my radar in the past few years. I LOVED LOVED LOVED her vampire chronicles and her Mayfair Witches, but never really got into her more Christian writings of late. I did have the chance to meet her and her son Christopher at Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe, Arizona last month

(photo to come)

For this signing event, I purchased her newest novel The Wolves of Midwinter, knowing it was the second in a series. I'd originally intended to get the ebook of The  Wolf Gift through OverDrive, but at the store, I just couldn't resist having her sign it too :)

To quote Alan Cheuse from The Boston Globe: "I want to howl at the moon over this... Rice's style [is] as solid an engaging as anything she has written since her early vampire chronicle fiction." I TOTALLY agree :) One of the reasons I wasn't as drawn in by her Christian fiction was that I felt it lacked the poetic style of her earlier writing - and that was what I loved about her as an author. With The Wolf Gift, this style returns for me as a reader and with a whole new mythology to create, she's got a lot of options! Looking forward to more from my (once again) favorite author!

No comments:

Post a Comment