1.06.2014

A poem a day... my way!

I have always been interested in doing a post-a-day, especially after seeing the great stuff that friends have posted (on Facebook) Most have done pictures, but I thought it would be good for me to try to do a bit of original writing each day. So far, I've posted a few 'throwbacks,' but when I write new stuff, I plan to post it here too.

Here are my new ones so far:

Day 1 -
π poem

I'll try to
write
the wrongs of you
and
to become what's true


Day 3 - 
a quick
π poem

Life and death,
Live.
Creep up quickly,
Say:
Nothing is sacred.


Day 6 - 
(new

π
poem)

I can write
a
million volumes
in
the middle of the
night, but I cannot remember
one come
morning's light. Pen, record
my thoughts now.

So, what's a

π
  poem?

I don't know who originated this form, but I first heard about it on Beckett's Facebook page. Beckett is Anne Rice's assistant, and an author as well - and a great follow on FB :) It's form is, of course, similar to haiku, but instead of the 5-7-5 syllable scheme, it follows the digits of pi. (3.14159...) So in theory, this poem could go on forever! :)

I hope you enjoy this year's posts. As I said, I'll only replicate my FB updates here when the material is new, or previously not on my blog.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment