4.02.2014

Youth Desk Shift : 5-8 pm

Answered
- Do you have a pencil sharpener?
     - Is it supposed to sound like that?
     - Oh, can you just do it for me?
- How many books can I check out?
- Is there a play area for kids?
- Do you have the movie "The Witches"? because the last time we were here the libarrian said that it was checked out and I've been waiting forever to see it! I love the book too! (all in one very long breath :) )
- Where are the chess pieces?
- Star Wars books, Junie B. Jones books, Narutu books and Shel Silverstein - ALLATTHESAMETIME
     - kiddo couldn't go upstairs for the poetry, so I called up to have the Ref Desk person try to grab the book, but she was on the phone so I went up myself. Got up there and she asked if I just called - yup - she'd tried calling back. Got back downstairs, and the kiddos were all like YOURPHONERANGandYOUMISSEDIT!! :)
- help with getting credit report for free
- Me: Please don't run. Kid: I'm sorry, I'm just going to go back and walk. (and he did :) )
-

Eavesdropped
- First of all, I'm a girl... not a boy... (and as far as I can tell, this was the end of the conversation)
-


Observed
- Remember how we thought Atlas (a Teddy Roosevelt Terrier) smelled like Fritos? Well, apparently *all* TRT's smell like Fritos... (saw a post that someone else's TRT smelled like them while sleeping)
- YS desk is not my fav because patrons can stand RIGHT behind you and look over your shoulder... makes searching harder :-/
- It's 7:35pm... my kid is on their way to bed... why aren't these kids? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment