2.20.2012

Day Eight - Separate but Equal

Good evening!

Not much else happened last night, so I didn't bother you with another post. But, here are some pictures from dinner and a few flowers for good measure - always need more of those!









Today, the B.Montross/Erdmann/Chalmers contingent left the hotel right after breakfast and headed back towards Hawi and a few more National Parks, while the H.Montross/Lorandos portion of our group opted for more relaxation and fun in the sun.




Andrew and I headed to the lagoon and rented snorkel equipment again. We started with an hour, but quickly upgraded to the half-day rate (actually only double the hour rate, or two hours for "free") and hit the water. I've been getting lots of photos on the underwater cameras, but unfortunately I need to wait to put them up until we get home. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a CD of them instead of prints - then I can get them online easier!

After the rest of our folk got back to the hotel, around 3:45, we thought we'd head in to Kona and hit up Hilo Hattie's again, since Mom still hadn't been there or gotten a chance to set her pearls. Unfortunately, the store closes at 7 pm and due primarily to the fact that it takes a while for a restaurant to serve 7 people - we missed them.

But, dinner was good. We ate someplace new - which is always a treat!





Back to the hotel, tomorrow is our last full day. We thought we'd try to head to Hilo - but honestly, my family tends not to relax much on vacations and I'm happy Andrew's teaching me how to do that! We may stay on the leeward side and try to get to the petroglyph fields and maybe even (gasp!) the lagoon again! :)

Good night unto you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment