1.16.2010

Day Eight - Time is Precious

Today is our second-to-last-day in paradise. I'm sitting in the business center of the hotel right now, as our "free wireless" turned "free wired" internet decided to crap out on us, this is the next best thing. At least I get to connect my own computer!

Anyway... Today was a lot of fun. This morning, we met Lita for breakfast at the Hukilau Cafe in La'ie. For those of you who've seen the movie 50 First Dates - you may recognize that name. This, however, is not THE Hukilau Cafe from the movie - what they did was borrow the name and use a different location because they wanted someplace right near the beach... Because NOTHING in Hawai'i is anywhere but RIGHT on the beach... right? :) But, regardless of Hollywood's snafu - this place was great! We all had Hawaiian Style French Toast (made with Hawaiian Sweet Bread) dusted with powdered sugar and corned beef hash. All was to die for! Andrew and I agree - it's these tiny hole-in-the-wall places (yes, even after being featured in a movie and on Man vs. Food...) that are the best!

After breakfast, we headed back to the hotel for a little bit. Capitol One Canada is filming a commercial on the property today, so the pool  was closed till 11am (and various other parts of the hotel after that), so we went right out again to Waimea Valley. Andrew and I even walked all the way to the "back" of the valley to see his first waterfall. Glad to share that with you honey! :)

For a late lunch, we finally made it to Kua 'Aina in Hale'iwa for some fantastic burgers!

When I say late - I mean around 2... so by now you can imagine, Baba wanted a bit of a rest. Andrew and I took him back to the hotel and then he and I went to the PCC again to utilize the Free-in-3 perk they have where you can come back again within three days for free and do anything you want other then the luau or the night show. They had an IMAX show about the coral reefs of Fiji that we wanted to take in.

Around 5, when we were finished at the PCC, Andrew and I came back to the hotel again. We plan to meet Baba for dinner later (hopefully MUCH later, though Baba's and Andrew's stomachs seem to empty out faster then mine...)

So, with this - I leave you: creating rainstorms is easy when you have a production budget...  I just hope they can afford an umbrella!

No comments:

Post a Comment