1.09.2010

First Day in Paradise

Well, we finally made it! :) We got to our hotel pretty late last night, so our first real chance to get anything done was today.

Part of the package we're on gave us breakfast every day, so that's where we started this morning. Breakfast is served buffet style at the Water's Edge Ballroom (while the Palm Terrace is being renovated) so we do have a short tram or boat ride to get there.

After breakfast, we went into Kailua Kona for a bit of shopping. We ended up at Hilo Hattie's of course! :) I decided to do the "pick a pearl" again and Andrew picked my oyster for me. Good job letting him too - since he picked one with TWO rare lavender pearls inside!!! I had intended to make a ring since I already have made two necklaces, but with the beauty of this lavender pearl, I picked a new modern styled setting for another necklace. I decided to just hold on to the other pearl for the time being, perhaps I'll place that in a ring setting anyway. I can do that either with Maui Divers (the company that is in Hilo Hattie) or I could go to a local jeweler in Madison. Of course, I will probably just end up doing it either here or in O'ahu because that's how I am :)

After our fruitful shopping trip, we came back to the hotel and had sandwiches for lunch at the Orchid Marketplace (formally the Orchid Cafe).

Baba decided to take it easy this afternoon, so Andrew and I partook in our Aloha Passport which allow us half-off at the water sports lagoon. We rented a two person kayak and had a blast! The lagoon is fed by the ocean and has fish and wildlife in it. We even saw a Green Sea Turtle!! There were also Malolo, which are a version of flying fish, and many others.

We walked around the whole property and swam in a few pools and sat in the hot tub as well before coming back to the room. Watching the sunset on the lanai was fantastic and now we're contemplating dinner.

This has been a fantastic day and I'm totally looking forward to tomorrow! Planning a trip to Waimea and the Parker Ranch most likely.

More posts from paradise later!

No comments:

Post a Comment