7.26.2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

In a few weeks, I will be moving over to the Inter Library Loan Department here in Memorial Library. I am looking forward to the new experiences this position will afford - and learning yet another part of the library's work-flow! I will be continuing with my circulation shifts (at least some of them) as well as my InfoDesk shifts, which I'm very happy about.

The 'transfer' experience is very interesting - when positions with my classification (Library Services Assistant Advanced/Lead)  are vacated, they are opened up to transfers before being opened to the general applying population. This allows people like me, who may be looking for a change, a way to move to a "different job" without having to go through the entire hiring process. It also keeps good people who are tried and true in the library, so the new department know they're getting a quality employee.

1 comment:

  1. Your site looking too good.. And your writing skills so good keep it up. Regards: Sarkari Result

    ReplyDelete