7.26.2011

Time for Tuesday!

7:00 am - Another early morning! That’s the only problem with fieldwork when you work a full time job - you STILL have to get in your 40 hours!

7:00 am - 7:40 am - checking email, responding to a few pertaining to the Librarian’s Trip to Germany Recap Program I am planning for the Staff Development Committee. Made a spreadsheet to keep track of people’s interest and availability.

7:45 am - Ran my reports, quite a lot to check into today... :-/ And, no, coworker - I can’t just take your word for it that you fixed all these yourself yesterday...

8:17 am - break from checking the items on the report to answer a question from someone in cataloging about the status of an item that’s “atgoogle”

8:18 am - back to the list!... It’s cold in my office today. Who am I kidding? I’m always cold...

9:00 am - checking a whole series for my coworker - it was flagged, but not very consistently. We usually trust the flags, but when a series looks suspicious - it’s easier to check the report Google provides then to process it incorrectly...

10:00 am - working on the document for my replacement

10:31 am - going on a cart round up so we can get more returns discharged!

11:00 am - If possible, the tzatziki is better today then it was last night! Today, it’s served with honey-wheat pita bread and some kalamata olives for good measure :)

11:10 am - back to discharging that cart. This was came back from Google a bit... disheveled. It will be good to know that everything is there when I’m done discharging and processing it. This happens periodically, and when it does, I always document it with photos that I send to Google. They will then go talk to the operator who processed it in their scan center. I sometimes feel badly, because I know I’m getting some poor minimum wage scanner in trouble, but at the same time - these materials need to be treated with care!

11:14 am - Took a moment to sign up for NaNoWriMo... this will be my first time participating... I don’t have high hopes for winning, but I’m looking forward to the challenge!

11:50 am - Just got news that the incoming SLIS student I hired for the fall won’t be able to accept the job here in our office. I will start by offering the hours to our current student employee, and I hope he’s able to accept them! It would be so much easier not to have to rehire and retrain someone...

12:20 pm - Not exactly work related, but I just got an email that our “guest book” (an etched metal signature mat) for our wedding was delivered! So looking forward to playing with the diamond-tipped pen you get to use to sign it! Okay, back to work!

1:09 pm - Still discharging... that’s what happens when you send 10,000 books to Google... 10,000 books come back! :)

2:11 pm - Trying to convince my coworker that... never mind, it’s a losing battle... :)

3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Circulation Desk shift
    Highlights:
       
    Someone who usually doesn’t remember my name, did today! This is twice in a row! Separated by at LEAST a month of not seeing them! This is very exciting :)


    Slow day on the desk...  

6:30 pm - 9:00 pm - Working at Fitchburg Public Library. I shelved a cart in Adult Non-Fiction    and then another cart of Children’s materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment