7.30.2011

Friday: Fun day!

7:00 am - Fridays are always early days for me because I have to leave campus by 3 to catch a bus that gets be back to my car in time to make my 4-6 shift at Fitchburg. So, I’ll start by checking email - quite a few to catch up on after being out yesterday...

7:50 am - Reports! Missed those yesterday too, of course...

9:40 am - whoa, lost some time there. Let’s see - I went though all the items on the reports to make sure they were all processed correctly, responded to some questions from the Head of the Google Project about our progress on the current shipment, emailed our student employee about some items he’d handled that were on the report, pushed a cart up to be shelved, and now I’m going to go count a few of the carts that are going out next week. There, we’re caught up! :)

10:30 am - got my invites to my graduation party delivered! My friend, Sarah Dailey, made them and they are AWESOME! (here’s a link to her other site, which has more info on it)

11:00 am - Finally got over my squee :) One of the carts I counted earlier was off, so I wheeled it into the office (easier said then done...) to check each of the 262 (or 263) items to make sure they’re all processed and charged correctly.

12:19 pm - It’s like the gods know it’s #libday7 and they want you all to read interesting stuff!! I just got a call from the SCLS delivery folks who transport our Google trucks for us saying that the dock area was all torn up. No one told me that this was happening today - so this came as a big surprise. Luckily, our mail room coordinator just happened to be in my office picking up our mail - so I asked him where they should go. He pulled out his Marauder’s Map and his Invisibility Cloak (okay, not *really*) and leads me through the maze that is Memorial Library to the *back* loading dock that I didn’t even know existed! The delivery truck was then guided onto Library Mall to park (highly unorthodox, let me assure you) and we then guided the drivers back through the maze to the basement. This will be the type of thing I won’t miss when I move to ILL...

1:00 pm - 2:10 pm - Circ Desk Shift:

Highlights:

Patron came to the desk with an item that came up as “does not circulate” When
I opened the record to find out why, I saw it was “atgoogle” meaning it was my office’s
fault it wouldn’t circ! oops... :-/

Patron needed to return a book and wanted a receipt. He then asked, “is that what
it’s called? A receipt?” I told him that if he really wanted to be ‘library-fancy’ he could call it
a “discharge slip” but that “receipt” worked just fine!

2:10 pm - back in the office for short while before I leave at 3 pm. Currently checking email I received while on the desk.

3:00 pm - ducking out to go catch my bus at 3:15!

4:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Fitchburg shelving shift

Highlights:

Lots of complaints about the way we shelve DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment