7.25.2011

Library Day in the Life 2011! Introductions...

Hi! My name is Erin and this is my first year participating in Library Day in the Life. I am currently the Operations Manager for the Google Book Project on the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s campus. As a project, we send over 10,000 books per month to Google to be digitized for eventual inclusion in Google Book Search. My two co-workers and I are responsible for filling carts at 3 of the 4 libraries on our campus that send to Google and other staff fill from the one other library.

I also work about 10 hours a week as a shelver at the Fitchburg Public Library which is near Madison.

In addition, I’m also completing my MLIS degree this summer (will be done August 20th!!) and for that, I’m taking one class and doing a fieldwork. This week, I have to do things for each of these - so you’ll get to hear about all of it!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment