1.19.2011

Day 10: Aloha Oe!

Well, we've actually been home for about 12 hours now, but I'm just getting around to this!

So to use up our last few hours in Kauai yesterday, we met for breakfast around 8:00am. Becky was unfortunately still incapacitated due to her foot, so she was pretty much stuck in the hotel room, but Doug ran to the post office to send their box home and to the pharmacy to get Becky's prescription. Mom, Baba and I went back up to Spouting Horn to peruse the booths again and of course get a few more photos.

We met back up for one more lunch at the hotel and we ended up eating at the same restaurant where we eat breakfast - Ilima Terrace. We all had the Tortilla Soup, except Mom who had a Caesar Salad.

Since our flight was due take off at 3:13, we just headed to the airport after lunch. Good thing too - because of all places the LIHUE AIRPORT has a backscatter scanner!! LAX doesn't have one, but the airport on an island that's only 23 miles across does!! Who would have thought!

I exercised my right to refuse the scan, so after the TSA agents all rolled their eyes at me, I was patted down and searched. Tons of fun, let me tell you. Becky also had to get patted down as she couldn't very well take off her shoes... or bootie.

Our flights went pretty smoothly, but I got very little sleep - so I took a nap when I got home and I'm taking an extra day off to sleep too.

It's nice to be home, but of course, the 3 degree weather and two feet of snow is a bit of a shock to the system.

Always looking forward to leaving again! :)

Aloha Oe!

No comments:

Post a Comment