1.09.2011

Views of Paradise - Day 1

Gooooood evening Kona! :)

I got up at 3:00 am this morning and got ready, then Andrew took Mom and Baba and me to the airport at 4:30. Becky and Doug met us at the airport, as they took a taxi from Cottage Grove. Our flight out of Madison was at 6:55 am, and that began one of the most easy going travel days of my life!

All of our flights were on time, and even the 9 hour flight from Chicago to Maui (continuing on to Kona) went faster then I thought. I began the journey with two episodes of True Blood, then I watched Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps on the plane, then Mom and I watched The Sorcerers's Apprentice on my laptop...

We arrived into Kailua/Kona round 4:50pm (Hawaii time) this evening and went right to Dollar rent-a-car. I have a Dodge Caliber - not my idea of a "compact car" but... well whatever. Doug's driving a Chrysler M 300... decent :)

Any "issues" that may have arisen in our travels occurred at the hotel. Baba's hotel room was literally miles from the nearest elevator so he needed to rearrange and Mom and I ended up on a non-smoking floor so we ended up on the 6th floor - not too shabby ... but we got that all straightened out and we're all passably happy now :)

And... VERY TIRED.... talk to you all tomorrow! :) It's only 1:30 am in Madison right now, which means I've been up for 22 hours... I think I should probably sleep now. Especially since I had a Mai-Tai (on the Aloha passport of course :) ) for dinner...

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment