1.16.2011

Day 8: Holy Hanalei, Batman! Look at those waves!

Aloha `auinala!

We're not done with the day yet, but I had some time - so I thought I'd write now. 

Becky, Doug and I met at about 7:00 am to watch the sunrise over the beach this morning again. It's funny how we watched the sunset from the hotel on the Big Island and the sunrise here! 

Afterwards, I joined Baba for his morning constitutional. We walked all the way to the other end of the property before going back to the Ilima Terrace for breakfast again. You'd think with all this walking, I'd counter the all the food - but I still feel like I'm eating too much. Well you know what they say - eat, drink, and be merry for Tuesday we go back to Wisconsin! :)

After breakfast, Mom, Becky and I made shell jewelry in the lobby!

Next, we called for our cars and took a scenic drive up the Eastern Coast to the North Shore and Hanalei Bay. The area had been reporting 30-40 foot waves due to the storms off the coast, and we thought that would be something to see, so we went to see it! 

Driving up the whole shoreline like that does take a while - the island may only be 23 miles across, but when you're only going an average speed of about 35 miles and hour, well you get the idea! 

On our way home we stopped at a "Farmer's Market" and also the Po'ipu Shopping Center again, just to make sure nothing had 'gone on sale...' 

Upon returning to our hotel, we parted ways until dinner. More on dinner later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment