1.14.2011

Day 5: Just keep swimming...

Aloha! Here I am sitting on my king sized bed in my absolutely FAB room in the Grand Hyatt Kaua'i Resort and Spa on the island of Kaua'i. Pictures to follow... :) Not sure what the view looks like yet, as we arrived after sundown, but it's partial ocean view, so it can't be all bad! 

Today was our travel day between the Big Island of Hawai'i and the island of Kaua'i, but before we left the Hilton Waikoloa we had the opportunity to get a few more things checked off the list.

First thing this morning after breakfast, Mom and I FINALLY made it to the lagoon for some peddle-boating. Last year, Andrew and I did some kayaking - but since he wasn't here to steer while I enjoyed the view, we decided to do something a bit less, um, physical. :) I took an underwater camera with me, but I didn't have a lot of film left on it, so I also took pictures and video with my 'real' camera.

After the lagoon, Mom and I walked up to Buddha Point.

And then we met back up with Baba, Becky and Doug and sent our bags down to the lobby in time for our 11:00 am check out. We loaded the cars, then headed to Nana's memorial site to tidy up and add her birthday to the rock writing Baba, Becky, Doug and Dad did the summer after she passed away. Baba also added his own touch - a 'rainbow' over the top.

We also made it to the Petroglyph fields, which I was really happy about as that was one of the coolest things we saw last year. Prior to that, I had never seen them, and you know I love historical stuff... :)

Our flight to Kaua'i was due to leave Kona at 3:25, and arrive in Lihue Airport at about 5:20 with one stop in Maui. Everything went off without a hitch, and after about an hour to retrieve our checked bags and acquire a car - PT Cruiser for me, Dodge Charger for Doug - we were on our way to the hotel. As you have seen, our hotel is pretty much amazing and I can't wait to see it in the daylight!! 

Tomorrow is our helicopter ride courtesy of Doug and Becky and the Luau at Smith's Kauai tomorrow night, but I plan to get up early-ish and do some exploring! 

So: good night unto you all if we be friends, and let Puea restore amends! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment