1.18.2011

Day 9: Oh, so that's how you drink a Mai Tai...

Due to the storms the island saw yesterday, the Internet in the hotel was down last night - so I didn't get another chance to post anything more then mobile updates... So - I'll catch you up from last night first!

We had dinner reservations at Tidepools here at the hotel. Mom and I split the prime rib and I had the Kauai Corn and Vanilla soup sans the crab. For desert, we all split the molten chocolate cake... everything was to DIE for!

After dinner, we got to listen to more live music in the Seaview Terrace and hit up the hot tub again before turning in.

Today, we ALL (yes, Baba and Mom too!) met to watch the sunrise at about 7:00 am. Many picture-taking opportunities ensued...

Then, breakfast, followed by another trip to Hilo Hatties - well, we hadn't been there on this island yet! :)

After we spent more money then we had, we found Kilohana Plantation and their RUM TASTING!! This rum has only been around a few years, and has already won plenty of awards, so it was very cool to have the opportunity to see where it was made and to sample all three of their styles of rum. During the tasting, the guide gave us instructions on how to properly make and imbibe a Mai Tai... we've been doing it wrong for years! I have a video to upload later - so I won't spoil the surprise... you'll just have to wait to watch! 

After the plantation, we made our way back to the hotel. Mom, Doug, Becky and I decided to go down to the beach and play in the sand and waves, and boy were those waves strong! Becky actually ended up getting knocked over by one and may have either broken or dislocated her toe in the process of regaining the shore... She and Doug are actually at Urgent Care right now trying to get that sorted out. I guess if there's any silver lining - at least it was our last day, not our first - I doubt Becky would be thrilled having to go through a second trip to Hawai'i unable to walk...

I spent the rest of the afternoon at the lagoon with Mom. We headed back up to the room around 5:00 to get ready for our 6:00 pm reservations at Dondero's. The food was very good, and clearly a step up from Olive Garden... says Baba :)

Picture got a little over-exposed... I promise, we're all more tan then that! :) 

Now, we're back in the room, repacking and writing. One more half-day in paradise... 

Hopefully I'll have a chance to post a few updates tomorrow, but if not, I'll see you soon Wisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment