1.10.2011

Day 2: Shopping in Kona and Hawi

After breakfast this morning, we headed into Kailua-Kona to find the Store of Hawaii - Hilo Hattie! I had had two pink pearls "left over" from my last trip here that I had not set yet, and I knew I wanted to find something to put them in before I left this time. I found a beautiful setting for them and then they let me pick another oyster - which had the most gorgeous deep purple colored pearl inside! I had never seen one this color, and I had found more then one setting I liked, so I put the single pearl into a meilei leaf themed setting. I knew I needed to stop there, no whammies, right? but, I did pick one more oyster because it was my "gift of aloha" from the woman who was helping me... right... This last one  yielded a white pearl, the most common, but still the most beautiful - White pearls stand for honor, I believe. I did not put it into a setting because I do already have one white pearl necklace from Hawai'i - and this way I figure I just HAVE to come back next year so I can set it! :)

After Kona, we drove to Hawi, which has a lot of local artist's shops. There, I finally got myself a piece by the glass artist (can't remember her name at the moment) that Becky had gotten that plate from last year. I got myself more "wearable art" in the form of a pendant there. 

Now, I really need to go to sleep - it's going to be an early morning tomorrow. We're going horseback riding at Parker Ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment